I Love Amazon

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2885. Rankin Bass Christmas Tree


The Rankin Bass Christmas Tree appeared in Rudolph the Red–Nosed Reindeer. Rudolph the Red–Nosed Reindeer is a long-running Christmas television special produced in stop motion animation by Rankin/Bass, and the company's first Christmas special. It first aired on December 6, 1964 on NBC and is now the world's longest running and highest rated television special of all time. It is based on the song by Johnny Marks, which in turn was based on the 1939 poem of the same title written by Marks' brother-in-law, Robert L. May, who was an advertising copywriter for Mongomery Ward. Marks also wrote the music and lyrics for the songs in this special, and the background soundtrack includes two more songs he made famous: "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree".

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Wherever did you come across this little gem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought this in some Thrift shop in Cubao, Philippines. I know, I was really elated when I saw it.

      Delete